Tuesday, November 18, 2008

One More Shot

Well after last night's mega marathon of poker with absolutely nothing to show for it I was exhausted and finally got to sleep around 3am. I woke up today at around 11 and went downstairs to Wet the spa here at Treasure Island and got an amazing 45 minute full body massage. God massages are the most under rated thing on planet Earth. I promise that will not be the last one of this trip. The ones at Canyon Ranch in the Venetian are pretty spectacular as well.

I then decided I was going to check out the Forum Shops at Caesars on my way to the poker room but as it turns out I didn't need and new Versace, Louis Vitton, or Christian Dior so I was only there for 11 1/2 minutes. Jesus does anyone really ever buy shit at those places? Good god. It would cost me a single paycheck just to buy a new belt at one of those places.

I finally made it to the poker room at Caesars at about 3pm. There were only $1-$3 NL games going so I bought in for $500 and took at seat at about 3:30. a few minutes later I recognized one of the guys at my table as someone I had played with yesterday in the tournament. He asked if I was there for the Super Satellite for the Main Event and I told him I didn't even know about it. Here there was a $125 SS for the $1,060 Main Event tomorrow. I decided to play and went and bought my entry ticket. I only played like 3 damn hands at the cash game and I left down $40. At the end of registration there were 38 entries for $125 so that meant 3 lucky people would win seats into the Main Event tomorrow. 5 hours later I find myself in the final 6. My biggest hand came up 6 handed when we were all seriously shortstacked except for one gentleman and I pushed all in from the button with with 7 2 offsuit. I can't really explain the situation in an email but it was just the right thing to do at the time. Unfortunately I was insta called by another short stack in the big blind when he woke up with QQ. As it turned out it was unfortunate for him when the flop came 4s 5s 6h. I flopped the open ended straight draw and rivered the 8 to knock him out of the tourney. It was now 5 handed with top three paying. That win got me back in the action and I started to manhandle the table pretty badly knocking out the last two opponents and 3 of us won seats. It was pretty rewarding after what happened yesterday. I asked it I could just take the cash and it wasn't an option. In addition to the seat we won $100 so that pretty much took care of the entry. It will be nice to freeroll my way to some money. I will try and keep everyone posted how I do throughout the tourney. If things go well it will be a very long day tomorrow starting at noon. Please god do not let me bubble another one. Here is what the whole series looked like for those interested. I am going to win this damn thing!

http://www.harrahs.com/images/non_image_assets/CLV_nov_mega_stack_093008.pdf

On a side note, I stopped by the Venetian to watch a little of the final table from last night. Of course the guy who knocked me out took it down for a little over $45,000. Let my hand hold and that may be me. Oh well.

Cash
----------------------------------------
Session -$40 over .5 hours = -$80/hour

Total +$2,443 over 26.5 hours = $92/hour

Tournaments
----------------------------------------
-$1,080 over 13 hours (Venetian)
+$1,035 over 6 hours (Caesars Palace)

Total -$45 over 19 hours = -$2.36/hour

No comments: