Monday, November 17, 2008

Didn't make it happen!

Ok when I left off it was 5am and I was still down a tad bit. This old fart was absolutely ridiculous if you ever gave him one inkling of weakness he would shove a shitload of money and then you fold and listen to him babble for 30 minutes about how much money he has and how none of us like to gamble. All of the sudden I was dealt Ah 10h in the big blind with old man river in the small blind. He was really starting to get pissed off due to lack of action so he was about to get some. Folded all the way around the table to me and him. He raised and I called. We saw a flop of 9h 8h 3h. He bet pretty large and I put on another show and he got all pissy about how long I was taking. This was working nicely. Turn was a 5s and he bet $100 and I went into the tank yet again still with the nut flush. He complained yet again and someone made some crack about how someone his age has limited time on Earth so we need to get the game going. I asked him if he died of old age right there at the table if I could have his chips. He yelled at me again so I threw out $100 right away and asked him if that was fast enough. The river was a Jc and he insta pushed and I insta called and took down a $1,600 pot. I racked my chips and left a monster winner on the night. We asked him if there was enough action now and he just mumbled something about kids and poker these days. Back in the day when he played with Wild Bill Hickock or something things must have went faster for him. What I forgot to mention is that 30 minutes prior to this hand he had $2,500 in front of him and he left broke on that hand! Sick but I love it. Oh by monster winner I meant not so much of a monster night. But I got grinded my way into the black finally and it was a tough road. UP $73! Craziness. What a night. I made it to bed by 5:30am so I could get some sleep before the noon tourney at the Venetian.

Ok now let's talk about this misery. I got up at about 12:20 and had time to shower and walk over to the Venetian to buy into there $1,080 tourney. My original plan was to try and satellite into the tourney since it is a lot of money and a little out of my bankroll at this point. I wanted to take a shot though and entered the tournament. There we officially 130 entries and would pay the Top 10. If it had been over 134 entries the Top 18 would have been paid. The slow blind structure was amazing and I slowly built a $15,000 starting stack up to nearly $80,000. All of the sudden I was on the button with JJ and pushed all in and was insta called by AK offsuit. I had to avoid and Ace or King and would be in phenominal shape. oh yes he flopped a K and rivered one too just for good measure.

Oh what I forgot to tell you was that this occurred 13 hours after the tournament had started and there were only 12 people left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ah I come all the way here to play one big tournament and finish TWO out of the money after nearly 13 hours of flawless play. That was the first time I had my tournament life on the line the entire day. If I avoid and A or K on that hand I could have folded my way to a min of about $10,000 or so! Just plain SICK! That is poker though once again I guess. GOD it hurts though. At least I got to come back to the room and relive for you all...lol.

Not sure if I will play any more tournys of that size but I may try some smaller ones over the rest of the week. Depends how cash games go I guess.

----------------------------------------
Session +$73 over 11 hours = $6.36/hour (That is at least like a fun minimum wage job!)

Total +$2,493 over 26 hours = $96/hour (Better than minimum wage job... lol)

Tournaments = -$1,080 over 13 hours

Overall + $1,413

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, I know I could never play real poker...my cheap-ass would've folded every f'ing hand until I was 'in the money'.