Thursday, November 20, 2008

THE GRIND....

Didn't get out of bed until like noon yesterday and then headed out to the pool for a little while. Being at the pool alone is relaxing and all but just not the same as taking shots with the Miami Crew at Tao Beach. (September isn't that far away boys!)

Finally made it over to the Venetian Poker Room at around 3:30 and got a seat by 4:00. I tried two different tables and virtually no one wanted to doing any gambling. Finally two business men, who quite obviously had no shortage of cash in their checking account, sat at our table. They managed to drop a couple grand rather quickly and then left. One of the guys bought in for a second thousand and asked for a massage from one of the Canyon Ranch girls (steep at $2 a min but soooo worth every penny.) Well she asked how long he wanted and he said 30 minutes. It quite funny that he got the last 15 minutes of his massage at an empty table behind ours because he had lost his $1,000 already.

I can honestly say I am playing the best poker I have ever played right now. About five hours into the session yesterday I had KK and raised rather large preflop. I got three callers and we saw a flop of Qs 8s 2h. It was checked to me and I bet $70. One pretty solid player raised me to $170 and I just had an absolutely terible feeling on this one. We were both pretty deep at that point with nearly $1,300 a piece. After tanking for what seemed like 15 minutes I finally folded face up and he got this miserable look in his face and showed 88. Even a year ago I go broke with that hand or at least lose $500-$800. That gave me instant respect at the table and I was able to chop up the table for quite a while. Eventually the table broke and I was moved to another table. First hand I sit down and see two red Queens. I raised to $25 and the button makes it $100 to go. Once again I tank and then fold face up and he shows AA. SICK! But it wasn't over. 10 minutes later I find QQ again. Kid in front of me raised to $30 and I reraise to $100 from the big blind. He comes over top for $300 and I fold face up again and he shows me KK. WTF!!!?!? 2 yes 2 hands later I look down at JJ on the button and call a middle position raise for $30. We see a flop of 10 10 6. He bet out $80 and I called. turn was another 6 and it went check check. River another 10 and it went check check again and he flipped over KK AGAIN. Holy shit I dropped $300 on these three hand and I am lucky I didn't lose $3,000. I got up from the table to take a breather and grabbed a bottle of water and went for a walk. I need to cool off for a couple minutes. By cool off I mean drop a quick $100 at the roulette table and become even more furious with the situation. Lol it happens I guess.

It was a tough stretch starting at 4pm and ending at 6am. 14 hours of poker and ended up with a profit of $968 minus the $100 loss at the roulette table. I was exhausted and finally got to bed at around 7am this morning. I left T.I. and got moved into my suite at The Palazzo for the rest of the week. Wow the room are off the hook. I can see the Venetian Poker room from here so it's time to get it going and start chuggin water to prepare for the weekend!

Mt boy Eddy Millis, one of the premier MMA Trainers in the world, will be coming out to party it up this weekend so today will most likely be my last "serious" day of poker. I met Eddy playing in the Bodog Poker Tournament in Costa Rica and we watched him fight at the Playboy Mansion last October. Check out his website at http://www.sharktankusa.com/index.htm

Screw posting wins and losses for now. I am up! lol

No comments: